A Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) is a business entity which specialises in the organisation and management of congresses, conferences, seminars and similar events. PCO’s come from a variety of backgrounds and professions. Typically working in either a consulting or full management role, PCOs provide full service management for conferences including; conference design, registration, venue finding and booking, AV and IT support, logistics, marketing, printing and web services. They can also source speakers, find necessary funding, sponsorship and exhibitor sales, financial management and control the budget on behalf of the client.
Some are large corporate organisations who are fully experienced and have significant resources. Others can be professionals who have made a career change and some are individuals who have chosen to utilize their knowledge and experience as an outsource service for their clients. Many Event Organisers run their own conferences “in house” and indeed some are members of ABPCO.
However when considering a future event, utilising a PCO could be the best option for you as they have these necessary qualities:
- Experience to ascertain the pertinent information for what the client wants and needs
- Understand the industry such as Association Events, Medical, Pharmaceutical etc
- Leverage the latest organisation and technology systems to meet client needs
- Use their organizational skills to deliver a professional conference
- Creativity and concepts
- Project Management skills to break down tasks into manageable steps
- Categorise work and plan ahead
- Responsibility, Sustainability,