Job Vacancies within ABPCO members
We will post any job vacancies here that we receive from our members. Please apply to to the contact listed in the vacancy and not ABPCO directly.
This role sits within the Events and Education team who are responsible for BSR’s learning activity. This includes a range of events, meetings and education courses including the BSR annual conference. You will work with the Head of Events and Education to deliver an annual programme of events in line with key business priorities, as well as support the work of our committees. This is a key role with budget responsibility and external stakeholder management.
See the details in this link: www.rheumatology.org.uk/bsrvacancies
This role will be to develop the marketing, education and events strategies across BSR and drive numerous large-scale events such as the annual conference with over 2,000 delegates, plus our digital presence, webinars and eLearning within a leading and constantly growing clinical health sector. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will head up a team of 8, with responsibility for delivering the events, education courses and marketing strategy.
See the details in this link: www.rheumatology.org.uk/bsrvacancies
see the details in this link: http://ow.ly/ZHUO308gjf6
See the details in this link: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_us/Jobs/Vacancies-/Events-Coordinator/
A great opportunity is available for an enthusiastic individual to join a small dedicated team at our office based in Oxfordshire. We specialise in delivering bespoke events across a wide range of industries which include software developers, medical professionals and international CEOs, and are now looking for an additional team player to join us as we continue expanding the company’s portfolio of events.
This opportunity would equally suit an events graduate as well as someone with a sound knowledge of the conference and events business, with enthusiasm and a great attitude towards work, who is looking for the next step in their career development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage all elements of the event including the build of websites and delegate registration systems, event marketing and management of logistics
- Develop a detailed project plan, budget and timeline for each event
- Identifying sales and cross-selling opportunities
- Building strong and lasting client partnerships
- Briefing and managing of event staff and crew
- Organisation of travel and accommodation requirements, venue finding
- Engagement with sponsors and generation of income via exhibition/sponsorship opportunities
- Effective utilisation of social media in relation to individual events
- Evaluating, identifying and acting on areas for improvement
- Confidently negotiate with third party providers to ensure best value for services provided
- As part of the AYA team, develop and define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans, that promote the organisation’s brand
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide timely solutions
- Conduct pre and post event briefings, detailing KPI performance, and development of event reporting
- At least one year of experience in the event management field
- Fantastic customer service ethic and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational / project management skills
- Good social media skills and an understating of its use for business
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- An ability to contribute effectively within a small team
- A flexible approach to patterns of work where occasional unsocial hours and evening/weekend working will be required
- Ability to influence and co-ordinate others in support of individual events
- Ability to work on own initiative, whilst prioritising when necessary
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office software and ideally “Cvent” software
- Ideally, a car driver with a full, clean licence.
This role is full time 37.5 hours per week, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. Package includes a competitive salary, pension contribution (3%), private medical healthcare and dental cover.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining how you could fulfil this role to:
Julie Archer firstname.lastname@example.org www.archer-yates.co.uk
Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales Manager – Conference Partners
Recruiter Conference Partners
Sector Conference Management Company
Function Sponsorship and Exhibition
Hours Full Time
Contract Full time position
Job Role Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales Manager
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated conference professionals delivering high quality conferences and events. We are seeking a commercially-minded and intuitive Sponsorship Sales Manager with a minimum of 2 years experience in sponsorship sales.
You will be passionate, dedicated, and knowledgeable about selling smart, profitable, and industry-leading conferences and have proven experience of applying efficient and effective processes to selling conferences and events. Knowledge of the Conference and Events industry would be of an advantage.
This new role will have responsibility for selling sponsorship and exhibition stands for established large scale conferences and events on an international level. You will take responsibility for understanding the intellectual content of the conferences, ensuring that your sponsorship sales campaigns reflect a sense of pride and dedication to ensuring their success.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales Manager will work alongside the Conference Account Managers ensuring all targets are met. The role is split between sales presentations and telephone calls with some flexibility around working hours to maximise the sales opportunities as some of the sales prospectus maybe based overseas.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner. You will be an ambitious yet sociable individual who wants to grow in a role alongside an energetic, entrepreneurial, and vibrant team. You will have proven sales experience and an excellent track record in delivering sponsorship and exhibition revenue.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to deliver revenue ahead of sales targets, build and negotiate sponsorship and exhibition packages with confidence, and have the desire and ability to develop new business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting thorough analysis of potential sponsors and exhibitors
- Delivering on the sales strategy and revenue growth for the conferences
- Manage, maintain and develop strong relationships with key clients to deliver increased revenues from more creative solutions
- Producing and executing the marketing plan for sponsorship sales
- Building new sponsorship propositions that deliver on clients’ objectives
- A key focus on new business development to grow the client base
- Assisting with association conference research projects, identifying key opportunities, compiling bid documents, tender documents and sales presentations.
- Assisting the sales team in generating business for Conference Partners and Event Partners through identifying sponsorship potential for potential clients.
- Attending events and liaising with sponsor clients onsite to ensure that their contract is fulfilled and all of their concerns and needs are addressed
- Maintaining a sales database, reporting activities and preparing contracts
- Ad Hoc duties as required
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 2 years experience exhibition and/or sponsorship sales. International experience would be an advantage
- Track record in delivering and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to develop high value, bespoke sponsorship solutions
- Desire and ability to source and deliver revenue from new customers
- Sound commercial awareness, excellent organisational skills
- Highly effective telephone sales skills
- Ability to negotiate confidently at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
Excellent package, salary dependant on experience.
To apply: Please contact
Tel: 0161 209 3352
MCI is an independent global association, communications and event management agency. Our combined expertise enables us to offer strategy, creativity and execution in the field of association management (AMC), Congress and Exhibition (PCO), live communication, meetings, events and incentives and performance improvement programmes. In the UK we have a staff of over 70 based in our Petersfield, Glasgow and Belfast offices. Across the world we have over 61 offices in 31countries. Please see www.mci-group.com
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and professional project director to join the team to manage and develop our clients to maintain and increase business opportunities and be responsible for the high quality delivery of client events from initial proposal through to final reconciliation.
The ideal candidate will have the overall responsibility at a senior level for the delivery of projects on time and within budget – meeting and exceeding client’s expectations and driving for excellence in customer service and quality delivery.
So what does the role entail?:
- Being fully responsible for project budgets from conception through to reconciliation
- Overseeing and monitoring project progress through their team
- Providing leadership, direction and support to the team
- Maintaining motivation and enthusiasm within the team to successfully deliver the project.
- Management of multi-deadline activities
- Industry liaison
You will need to demonstrate experience of delivering projects to strict timelines, excellent financial management and client management and development. You will have excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise high volumes of work and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
If you are:
- Seeking an exciting and a diverse role
- Hardworking, but able to retain a sense of humour when working under pressure
- Meticulous about attention to detail
- Exceptionally organised
- Well versed in a high level of customer service
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Then we would be interested to hear from you. Please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits package, expected salary and benefits package, notice period and confirmation that you hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle to email@example.com
Millbrook Medical Conferences Ltd has been organising educational conferences and events for NHS employees and the pharmaceutical and medical device industry since 1992. Based in the midlands we are a rapidly growing specialist conference organisation and events management agency who combines the traditional conference model with live case transmissions and live communications internationally.
We offer a bespoke conference organisation package and pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of customer service and attention to detail. Working closely with many of our clients for over 20 years we are recognised as a company who can tailor events and conferences to meet the ever increasing challenges of a rapidly changing business environment.
We are looking for an experienced conference organiser to join our team. Applicants should have:
- Experience working in the field of Conference and Event management
- A knowledge of building and working within conference budgets
- An understanding of venue contracts and the necessary skills to negotiate with the decision maker
- Have an organised and enthusiastic approach to working multiple projects at key times
- Show confidence when liaising with clients whose demanding professional roles require skilled communication techniques
- Must be able to perform under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event
- Strong computer and internet skills
This position has an exciting, challenging and varied job description which is available upon application.
The role includes the organisation of conferences and events on behalf of NHS employees, medical associations and societies and the pharmaceutical and medical device industry working within the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
Attendance at conferences across the UK and occasionally overseas is an integral part of this role, the majority of which require overnight stays. A valid driving license and use of a car is essential.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07813300440