Member’s profile: Glasgow Convention Bureau
People Make Glasgow….connect
Award-winning Glasgow Convention Bureau is here to make arranging a conference in our city easy for you.
With city wide strategic partnerships and a world-leading ambassador programme, you’ll have the world’s friendliest city on your team. We’ll work with you to take your event outside the convention centre by developing public engagement activities to enhance delegate experience and leave a lasting legacy.
Glasgow is Scotland’s most vibrant city and one of the best equipped and most competitive conference destinations in the world thanks to its compactness, ease of access and can do culture.
Our ethos is to put you, the conference organiser, at the heart of everything we do.
- Glasgow Convention Bureau has been awarded the title of “UK’s Best Convention Bureau” for a record-breaking 11 consecutive years (M&IT Awards).
- We offer a wealth of free support, from funding support and a civic welcome reception for associations, to welcome branding and PR support
- Glasgow Convention Bureau offer a revolutionary service for conference organisers, called “You 1st”. The ethos of “You 1st” is to create unique impact and legacy events.
- There is a wealth of professional conference venues, from the award winning SEC, to modern university campuses, conference hotels and unique venues. With Europe’s largest hospital, Glasgow also offers an ideal location for meetings in the field of medical research
- Glasgow is served by three international airports with direct flights from over 175 destinations and boasts the largest rail network in the UK outside of London. Delegates travelling from any major UK city can arrive for a 9am start
- From five star hotels to budget accommodation, there are over 18,000 rooms available within close proximity of conference venues, restaurants and cultural attractions Glasgow’s hotels are on average 16% cheaper than the UK average and 42% cheaper than London
- Glasgow is ranked by the Mercer Cost of Living Survey as one of Europe’s most cost effective cities
- Glasgow is the first city in the UK to be included in the Global Destination Sustainability Index – a new ranking of leading international conference destinations based on social and environmental performance
- Recently named the ‘World’s Friendliest City’ by Rough Guides
- Just beyond the city of Glasgow lies some of Scotland’s most beautiful scenery. Ancient castles, quaint distilleries, tranquil lochs, outstanding golf courses and miles of unspoilt coastline are all just a short journey from the city centre.
PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW – the Glasgow’s award-winning city brand sums up the friendly, welcoming nature of Glaswegians. And when it comes to conferences; People Make Glasgow: welcome, connect, innovate, collaborate, succeed… the list goes on
“Glasgow offers support that other destinations do not. It is a pleasure to work with the Bureau and in all respects it’s the best in the UK!”
Royal College of GPs Annual Conference