Job Vacancies within ABPCO members
We will post any job vacancies here that we receive from our members. Please apply to to the contact listed in the vacancy and not ABPCO directly.
See the details here https://www.stroke.org.uk/jobs/events-officer-0
See the details here https://www.stroke.org.uk/jobs/events-officer
|About the Role
We are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Association Account Manager to join our highly successful venue sales team at the NEC Group.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for identifying and proactively persuading new prospects to stage their events at one of our many iconic venues within the NEC Group. Your role will encompass account management for our existing portfolio of Association clients, as well as extending our business database within the National and International Association market to drive new business forward.
You will be selling the venues within the NEC Group’s portfolio, our full range of ancillary services, our people and city culture to drive the most lucrative, experiential and prestigious events within the Association market. It will be important for you fully manage client expectations whilst demonstrating exceptional customer focus.
The ideal candidate will be a professional with an established sales background, ideally from the Association market who is used to travelling to Nationally and to International Association events. Driven to exceed targets, you will have a proven track record in being a tenacious negotiator, who is looking for your next career challenge. In addition, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate strategic account management, have impressive communication skills, experience of account management, relationship sales and management of third party relationships is vital.
You’ll be confident in presenting to key decision makers and in gaining cross-departmental approval to ensure your ideas flourish. You will work closely with both our internal and external customers ensuring their expectations and requirements are met. A good understanding of EBMS would be a real bonus, whilst a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is essential along with excellent listening and communication skills.
Please get in touch for further information to:
Linda Best – Account Director Associations
POSITION: Event Manager
EMPLOYER: Renewable UK Association Limited (known as RenewableUK)
REPORTING TO: Head of Events
BUDGET: No budget responsibilities, but expected to negotiate with contractors and suppliers
LINE MANAGEMENT: No line management responsibilities
RenewableUK is the UK’s leading renewable energy trade association, specialising in onshore wind, offshore wind and wave & tidal energy. Formed in 1978, we have an established, large corporate membership ranging from small independent companies, to large international corporations and manufacturers.
Acting as a central point of information and a united, representative voice for our membership, we conduct research; find solutions; organise events, facilitate business development, advocate and promote wind and marine renewables to government, industry, the media and the public.
RenewableUK organises the UK’s most successful renewable energy conferences, including seven annual conferences and exhibitions each year.
The Event Manager plays a key role in the event team to help manage all aspects of each event with overall management of specific events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and manage specific events with full end to end management; venue liaison, event planning, budgeting, logistics, registration, supplier management (catering, AV and production etc), speaker programmes, exhibitors, delegate registration, onsite event management, post event analysis and reconciliation
• Keep RenewableUK members informed of event news and updates
• Attend each event to ensure its smooth running, manage contractors and help with onsite queries
• Ensure event websites are updated with relevant event information
• Co-ordinate the delivery of materials to events
• Assist the Head of Events to create and manage event budgets
• Assist in the administration of all RenewableK events, both in the run-up, onsite and post event
• Create new and exciting exhibition floor plans for each event
• Obtain contractor quotes and conduct site visits, assist with the negotiation of prices and contracts
• Design exhibition features including stand design, conference theatres, VIP coffee lounges, registration areas
• Develop and complete Exhibitor Manuals
• Collate and chase exhibitor information for printed collateral
• Create excellent working relationships with exhibitors and event contractors and suppliers
• Attend all events and manage certain aspects onsite including exhibitors and delegate queries
• Liaise and project manage venue and event contractors, including exhibition builders, operations and logistics teams in the build-up to events and onsite
• Assist the RenewableUK Finance Team with event-related invoicing and credit control
• To develop finalise all registration systems and exhibitor hubs
• Main point of contact for all delegate sales and queries
• Ensure all delegates receive timely and relevant communication
• Represent RenewableUK at industry external events if required
• As required attend event, venue site visits and external events ((this may require occasional international travel)
• Provide cover for the Head of Events and other Event Manager if required.
• Carry out any other tasks as are reasonably requested and which are within his/her capabilities and resources.
The Event Manager will work closely with the other Event Manager and Head of Events to organise and expand the successful series of RenewableUK events; the Head of Marketing to ensure events to feed into the event marketing schedules; the Policy team for speaker programmes; and the Business Development Manager to maximise sponsorship and exhibition revenue.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate and uphold our organisational values: Trusted, Collaborative, Innovative and Passionate.
CRITERIA REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
Successful work experience in delivering profitable exhibitions and conferences Essential
Working in a busy office environment Essential
Working in a membership organisation Desirable
Safely running events and knowledge of H&S requirements including the completion of risk assessments Desirable
Highly organised with supreme event logistics skills Essential
Excellent customer service
Creative design ability
Expert event administration skills Essential
Experience of managing budgets Desirable
Creation of exhibition floorplans Desirable
A team player – willingness to share information, communicate positively and effectively with colleagues and conference partners Essential
Managing contractors to deliver success Essential
Commercial acumen Essential
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools particularly Outlooks & Access but also Word & Excel Essential
Preparation of event briefs/delivery plans Essential
Awareness of managing technical aspects of event production including set design, sound, lighting and stage Essential
Aware of and able to effectively use Social Media Desirable
Interest in environment, energy issues and renewable energy Desirable
Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting demands Essential
Ability to handle pressures of tight deadlines Essential
Ability to multi-task and maintain high standards of accuracy under pressure Essential
Excellent communications skills both written and spoken Essential
A good eye for detail Essential
Ability to work on own initiative and make sound judgements Essential
Ability to self-manage and work effectively as a member of a team Essential
Ability to build effective working relationships Essential
Professional attitude and ability to be politically sensitive Essential
Flexible about working hours including evenings and weekends when required Essential
Willingness to travel – this role will require travel across the UK and occasionally abroad, to attend conferences and events Essential
Last updated: January 2018
The closing date is 5th February at 5pm.
Additional information and to apply is here: https://jobfinder.renewableuk.com/job/event-manager/38999488/
Job Title: Project Executive, Event Management
Reporting to: Project Manager
To support the Project Managers and Project Directors in the successful delivery of events and conferences across a variety of business sectors, ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability throughout the event cycle.
- To be customer-focussed at all times.
- To work on multiple projects at one time, reporting to more than one person.
- To assist in the delivery of events and conferences including delegate management, customer liaison, proposals, venue and supplier research and administration.
- To assist in pre-event preparation and support the Project team(s) with administrative tasks such as mailings, speaker confirmations and to prepare onsite office stationery
- To conduct research for conferences and events including venue searching, entertainment and other supplier support services.
- To participate in brainstorming for proposals and to assist in the production of proposals and presentations.
- In conjunction with line managers, to negotiate and obtain quotes from airlines, DMC’s, hotels and other suppliers, according to deadlines set.
- To co-ordinate hotel room blocks and to manage allocations and release dates as per the hotel contracts.
- To be responsible for speaker and exhibition management within the context of each event e.g. speaker liaison, travel arrangements and other queries that may arise.
- To provide support to other individuals across other TFI Group channels on a specific task-by-task basis, under the guidance of the Director of Projects, TFI Group.
- To produce delegate badges, joining instructions and venue information packs according to timescales set.
- To attend supplier presentations, industry seminars and selected networking events.
- To manage online filing and emails.
- To provide general office support where required, including diary, task-list and email management.
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Good computer skills (strong knowledge of Microsoft Office)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience within the events industry sector or an associated environment such as the travel, hotel, exhibitions or conference sectors
- Knowledge of foreign languages is desirable
- Knowledge of CRM, Eventsforce, StarCite and e-touches is desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative
- Ability to structure contact reports
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload for multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines, to be adaptable and occasionally work under pressure
- Preparedness to work after hours and on weekends when necessary
- Willingness to travel, mostly within the UK
- Ability to work in a team, in a small company environment
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
Competencies expected of the role:
1 = Basic level: Minimum knowledge and capability required
2 = Limited experienced level: Partial knowledge and capability expected
3 = Competent level: Adequate knowledge and capability expected
4 = Experienced level: Good knowledge and capability expected
5 = Expert level: Extensive knowledge and capability expected
|Client focus/relationship building||x|
|Planning, organisation and time management||x|
|Analytical thinking and problem solving||x|
|Strategic focus – tactical capability||x|
|Persuasion, influence and negotiation||x|
|Judgment and decision making||x|
|Working effectively with others – teamwork||x|
|Communication – verbal and written||x|
|Managing and developing self||x|
|Managing and developing others||x|
|Leadership and delegation||x|
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the objectives and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business including any performance reviews undertaken. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the post holder and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and competencies required.
This is a new vacancy for a Project Executive at TFI to replace a member of staff leaving in early March. The job description is attached. Ideally the candidate should be available to start in mid-February so they can receive an adequate handover. They would be working primarily with our main association account. The contact person to send the cv to is firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiter Conference Partners International
Sector National & International Association Conferences
Function Business Development
Direct Report Jaime Bennett – Sales & Marketing Director
Contract Type Permanent
Job Title Research Executive
Company Description: Conference Partners International is a multi-award winning, internationally accredited, professional conference organiser, headquartered in Dublin with regional offices in Belfast, Edinburgh and Manchester operating globally. Our excellence is best illustrated in our extensive portfolio of national and international association conferences for world-renowned organisations and companies. We organise academic, governmental, medical, financial and business conferences. Our focus is on developing relationships and creating links between international organisations and local hosts.
We actively bid to organise conferences internationally and provide a complete service for international conferences including venue search, accommodation, budget and administrational services. We believe that our people are central to our success. As a company we place great importance on team work and forging lasting relationships. We are approved and active members of IAPCO (International Association of Professional Congress Organisers). Nicola McGrane, Chief Executive Officer of Conference Partners, sits on the IAPCO council and is actively involved in IAPCO’s strategy and implementation.
The Research Executive will support the development and delivery of the sales and business development strategy of CPI by playing a vital role in conducting desk based research resulting in the generation of qualified business leads for all CPI offices. They will generate these new business leads through internal research via a number of different mediums for example ICCA, Online searches, listed RFPs etc. The successful candidate will be expected to identify and engage the support of academics, industry leaders, scientists, and members of medical communities in the UK and Ireland, known as ‘Ambassadors’. The Research Executive will engage with these Ambassadors within their thematic specialty to determine opportunities to bid for National and International Conferences best suited to their thematic specialty.
The responsibilities of the Research Executive will support towards the sustained growth of CPI by generating a pipeline of qualified leads for the Sales & Marketing team to bid for and convert, and for the Operations teams to deliver.
The successful candidate will also be expected to assist with the compilation of reports and presentations by providing and interpreting information in an understandable, meaningful and actionable format, actively participate in allocated project work, assist the team administrative and operational processes, as well as any other duties as assigned by the Sales & Marketing Director or International Business Development Managers.
This position will require excellent written and oral communication skills, including networking skills, in order to create and develop relationships with industry partners, academics and prospective clients. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sales & Marketing Director and will work very closely with the other members of the Sales and Marketing team. They will also be required to support the Chief Executive Officer and Sales & Marketing Director on individual projects where appropriate.
The successful candidate will join a highly creative, passionate and results driven team. Strong analytical skills, the ability to draw concise, evidence-based conclusions from research conducted, attention to detail and a focus on quality, and experience of using a variety of research resources and tools are essential to the role
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Strong and demonstrable research experience
- Experience in the conferencing and events sector (desirable)
- Database management and CRM experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously, as well as to prioritise and reprioritise projects and tasks according to business needs
- The ability to identify and develop relationships with current/prospective academics
- Analytically minded, numerate, and a problem solver
- A methodical and organised worker
- Flexible nature
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong IT skills, including experience in internet research, database entry and use
- Full Driving License
Candidates should note that the role may involve some national and international travel, and that some out of hours project work may be required. This position is available for an immediate start.
A CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience (400 words only) should be sent to the Sales and Marketing Director Jaime Bennett by email: Jaime.email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org