Job Vacancies within ABPCO members
We will post any job vacancies here that we receive from our members. Please apply to to the contact listed in the vacancy and not ABPCO directly.
Recruiter: Diabetes UK
Location: Whitechapel, London
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Full time position
Job Role: Admin and Registration Manager
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes.
Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
We are looking for an experienced Event Admin and Registration Manager to work with and support the Events team by delivering administration and registration services for a series of high quality conferences and events which form part of the Diabetes UK events programme. The role will line manage three Events Coordinators and will focus on the delivery of an excellent registration and communications journey for all attendees and volunteers while also taking overall responsibility for the administration function of the team.
To succeed in this role you will have been working in events administration or registration delivery for at least 2 years and have experience managing a small team and delegating work evenly and effectively. You will be highly organised, have demonstrated excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop positive relationships with stakeholders. You will have a keen eye for detail and consistently look for ways to improve efficiency in all processes. This is a busy and varied role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of events including professional conferences, award ceremonies and networking events.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
For more information and to apply please go to the i-appoint website
Closing Date: 27th November 2017 (9am) Interview Date: 4th December 2017
Please ensure you address the essential criteria in your supporting statement.
*Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
Recruiter: Worldspan Plc
Location: North Wales or London
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Full time position
Job Role: Project Director
Worldspan Plc is a full-service events and communications agency with offices in North Wales and London. We are looking for an outgoing, commercially astute Project Director who wants to thrive and flourish in a forward thinking, IIP Gold events agency and play a pivotal part in the growth and ambitions of the agency.
As Project Director you will be accountable for the development and management of core PCO clients. This includes full accountability for event services, event performance and event profitability, whilst also maintaining a high level of client and team satisfaction.
As an expert in the events industry, your awareness, knowledge and insight of the latest event trends and innovations will be critical to success, alongside your recommendations on how these factors could impact or improve client campaigns and the PCO offering at Worldspan Plc.
- To take the lead responsibility for the retention and growth of client accounts to reach margin targets.
- To drive greater efficiencies, smarter working practices and effective resource allocation within the projects you are responsible for.
- To monitor financial processes, including firm control of project spend and reconciliation
- Ensure adherence to all company procedures
- Work alongside the Sales Team to market and present to prospects and customers to generate interest and new business opportunities.
- Take the lead in PCO event-related RFP and pitch opportunities (with support from key colleagues)
- Build strong working relationships with key client contacts at a senior and strategic level to earn more about their event(s) needs and challenges.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with complimentary partners to offer a wider range of event services
- Able to negotiate discounted rates to improve profitability, and mentor this discipline to the PCO events team
- Network at industry events where appropriate
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and in place including H&S documentation
- Mentor the more junior members of the team who will be assisting on your projects to help them develop and progress within the company to achieve success.
- Have a hands on approach to deliver all aspects of clients event and best practice within the PCO team
- Report to your Head of Department providing input on account-related activity on a regular basis including budget and event GP
Key Experience and Skills
- 5+ years successful event management experience of planning and running successful mid-large events and congresses, preferably within the Association market
- An excellent understanding of the PCO event market and audience engagement
- The ability to work evenings and weekends if necessary
- Solid understanding of the best and latest event technologies
- Exceptional project direction and management skills with the ability to manage multiple timelines, deadlines and actions in a collaborative fast pasted environment
- Strong experience in creative and designing event programs, including event themes, messaging, branding, content, out-of-the-box ideas and creative approaches to improving audience engagement and interaction
- Excellent client management experience, confidence in building relationships and pitching new ideas to senior stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to come up with solution and overcome obstacles
- Strong collaborative skills
- Proven effectiveness in contract negotiations
- Self-motivation, initiative and high energy
- High personal standards and the ability to promote that in others
- Clear and confident decision making
- Excellent presentation and articulation skills
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Open, honest and in comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Passionate about achieving business success and driving improvement
Excellent package, salary dependant on experience and location.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For full details please click here
Vacancy open until 26 November and interviews on w/c 27th November
SENIOR MANAGER/MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
(BAND A to D)
DEPARTMENT: ICC Wales Sales
POSITION: Sales Manager
SALARY: £45k plus benefits
POSITION OVERVIEW: Could you be part of building brilliance?
We are looking for an individual who will work closely with the Sales Team to lead and drive new relationships within identified markets. Building and developing relationships with corporate, agency and association clients, actively promote and sell all facilities at the ICCW, including special offers and promotions.
You would be expected to offer a completely proficient and professional service at all times, engaging the market and build relationships.
Lead the way and to be part of a dynamic, winning team
This is a home based role, ideally suiting someone based in the Southern or Midlands area, however all applications will be reviewed.
Please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 29th September 2017.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To develop new relationships within identified markets in accordance with the Sales Team working plan. To build and develop relationships with agents, corporate clients and associations for ICCW. To ensure that wherever possible all available business is placed with us. To actively promote and sell all facilities at ICCW. To offer a completely proficient and professional service at all times all throughout the bidding and tender process. To be fully briefed at all times of special promotions, rates and offers and to be able to sell these to your clients. To win new and repeat business. To always strive to meet personal and ICC Wales targets in order to reach overall budget.
REPORTS TO: Sales Director
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that those duties listed below are the only ones to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their relevant Manager.
- Responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which support the values expressed in the ICC Wales mission statement and the ICC Wales business goals of profitability and service quality.
- Establishes and maintain effective and positive relationships within the team as well as other departments.
- Complies with the ICC Wales’s Health and safety, Hygiene policies as well as all other ICC Wales policies and procedures.
- Report all situations that may present a danger to guests or staff immediately to the relevant people and take action to rectify the situation if possible.
- To ensure that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
- To perform related duties and special assignments as and when required.
Responsible for communication through effective writing, speaking and listening skills. To encourage employees to actively participate in our progress through decision making and ideas.
Responsible for regular dissemination of information which is to encompass organisational and individual activities.
Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual targets in order to achieve the overall budget for the ICC Wales.
Responsible for contributing and adhering to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within their department(s), including but not limited to employee, customer, financial and health and safety objectives.
To ensure that you maximise of all sales opportunities within the designated association market.
To communicate with all teams to ensure clear communication of information from clients in order for bid and tender documents to be completed.
To work with all internal departments as and when required communicating relevant information.
To contact and source Agent and corporate clients for the ICC Wales
To track all work in the Sales System and ensure that all appointments, e-mails and calls are fully updated on a weekly basis
To ensure that all details of accounts & contacts visited are fully updated within 3 days of your appointment.
To develop existing and new Agent and corporate clients for the ICC Wales recording all information into the Sales System.
To promote and sell all aspects of the ICC Wales
To promote and participate in strategic Client Events as required.
To attend exhibitions, events to promote the ICC Wales as required
To negotiate rates in accordance with the needs of the ICC Wales and where appropriate with due recourse to the Sales Director.
To actively research new clients across all sectors
To attend Networking events
To engage in bidding for events both through written and face-to-face presentations.
To work with Third parties to support overflow accommodation, partner programmes etc.
To invite/promote and entertain clients at events hosted by The ICC Wales and partners
To attend Monthly meetings providing information on forthcoming appointments and review of previous monthly appointments and sales and action points that are documented.
To attend a Monthly Sales Meetings and provide details of all activity for the previous and forthcoming month in a report format and follow your work plan.
To be aware of all bookings where you are the ‘sales manager’ and track their progress closely.
To be aware of bookings in your “Sales Manager Area” and to discuss weekly with the Sales Director to look at if they should become your prospect accounts.
To forward plan appointments and invitations ensuring you are working to the guidelines in place, in line with business opportunities and as directed by the Sales Director.
To conduct client show rounds of all areas for prospective members and guests ensuring that all areas of the ICC Wales are sold.
To carry out hospitality and showcase The ICC Wales to prospective and current customers. To attend relevant industry events representing The ICC Wales.
To be responsible for the achievement of the budgets as set by Chief Operating Officer and Business Development Director.
To work towards achieving individual targets and the ICC Wales budget and be fully aware of your personal progress and that of the ICC Wales at all times.
Responsible for attending training session to standard in conjunction with Human Resources and within set budgets.
You will also be responsible for internal/external complaint handling, for feeding back information to employees in a positive and constructive way. Also, providing solutions.
Responsible for communicating the overall ICC Wales and departmental goals and objectives and ensuring all employees are motivated to achieving these.
Responsible for conducting daily weekly and monthly strategic departmental meetings, minuting these meetings and distributing the minutes to the employees.
Responsible for the development of individuals, whilst promoting the importance of teamwork, contributing to team building sessions both within and outside the ICC Wales.
Responsible for gathering information as required by the appropriate controls in place to determine achievement of key performance indicators. These controls include customer feedback, employee feedback, management feedback, financial performance and any other as required.
Responsible for compiling periodic reports based on the checking process.
Responsible for analysing the information and applying management skills to determine outcomes, documenting these outcomes in the reports and communicating and distributing these reports within the department, to other departments and to Senior Executives.
Responsible for taking the results of the evaluation and implementing changes to ensure continuous innovations and improvements are made within the department.
Responsible for implementing these changes, communicating the changes as required, following up on the changes ensuring all controls and checking processes are in place to evaluate the success of the changes made.
Responsible for monthly reporting on the success of the changes made.