Job Vacancies within ABPCO members
We will post any job vacancies here that we receive from our members. Please apply to to the contact listed in the vacancy and not ABPCO directly.
In Conference Ltd
In Conference has been managing large national and international conferences for the medical, academic and life sciences sectors throughout the UK, Europe, USA and Asia for almost 30 years.
Widely regarded as one of Europe’s leading Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we are very proud of the fact that we have been working with some of our clients for over 20 years.
Our portfolio includes many major Associations and Societies for whom we deliver their annual or bi-annual congresses as well as offering a full Association Management service.
Our team philosophy is to go the ‘extra mile’ for our clients and to bring new ideas to the table at every opportunity to ensure our events are delivering value for money and clients retain us year on year.
As part of the Delegate Management Team, the Event Administrators are responsible for dealing with all delegate registrations and associated finances.
Core duties of this position will include:
- Fast, accurate typing and strong numerical skills are essential.
- Assisting delegates from all over the world (many of whom do not have English as their first language) via email or by telephone.
- Processing registrations and payments via our on-line software programme (training will be given).
- Chasing up all outstanding delegate payments in a polite and courteous manner
- Preparing financial reports in Excel to reconcile with bank statements and other internal management reporting procedures
- Attending client meetings when required.
- Maintaining accurate logs of all correspondence with delegates
- Preparation of all on-site registration materials including name badges, social programme tickets etc
- Attending conferences on-site and staffing the registration desks to welcome delegates and to register new delegates
- Attendance at evening social events as required.
- General office administration duties, such as taking incoming calls and re-directing to other team members as necessary, photocopying, ordering of stationery and filing.
- Fast, accurate typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and data manipulation within Excel spreadsheets
- Book keeping or other skills that can demonstrate ability to work with figures
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Welcoming and helpful attitude when dealing face to face with delegates, the majority of whom are senior academics and scientists.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload in a very busy organisation.
- Ability to work outwith normal 9.00-5.00pm office hours and to spend several days at a time away from home.
- Flexibility with holiday arrangements/personal commitments so that you are able to attend all our conferences as required.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- We offer a contributory Company Pension Scheme.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to the Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Build your career with our Professional Associations Events Team
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Event Coordinator working in the Professional Associations Team. Reporting into the Event Manager, you will lead the end-to-end project management of a series of medical client events including budget/financial management, event timelines, event microsites (design and content), marketing (design, content and delivery), event planning and logistics, all administration and digital filing and to act as the primary liaison with brand editorial teams, brand commercial teams, venues, suppliers, delegates, sponsors and other key stakeholders
This is a Fixed Term Contract beginning Mid-March and finishing at the end of June.
Why work with us? People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career. Our working culture Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive training and career development programme
• 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
• Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s professional association team is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work.
Candidates can apply to the role using the link below
Job Title: Client Relationship Coordinator
Company: Shocklogic (Specialists in Events Software and Technology Solutions)
Location: Brixton, London
Job type: Permanent
Reports to: Client Relationship Manager and CEO
Shocklogic provide event technology solutions to the MICE industry (meetings, incentives, conference & exhibitions).
We thrive on producing technical solutions to support event organisers to plan and execute cutting edge events. We provide software, IT infrastructure and hardware support to a range of international clients. Typically our clients are Associations, Societies, Educational Institutions, Corporates and Event Organisers/Professional Conference Organisers (PCOs).
We are a small but dynamic team with more than 50 years of combined experience. Our team is a mixture of events specialists and technical experts (or as our CEO puts it “half meeting planners, half geeks!”). As you can see we are not a typical technology company and we believe this mixture of experience is our unique selling point (USP).
As a small company, we are passionate about teamwork. Each one of us leads by example, doing whatever is necessary to get the job done. We work in a relaxed but fast moving office and love constantly facing new challenges from our clients. We are looking for individuals who share our enthusiasm and are ready to jump in feet first to help us to deliver our goals as we continue to expand.
The Job Role
We are looking for a Client Relationship Coordinator with at least 3 years of experience to support and expand our portfolio of international clients.
Key elements of the role:
- Manage a portfolio of international clients, in over 68 countries (£500k+ total portfolio). We are currently branching out to the corporate market and this person will be key in this new process.
- Provide the first point of contact with our client base and maintain high levels of communication and relationships with all clients.
- Manage client budgets and internal financial reporting.
- Maximise up-sell opportunities and contract negotiations with sales team (Incentive and commission structure will be available).
- Plan and execute onsite projects as requested by the clients.
- Provide operational support where required and support staff within the technical and support team.
- Become an expert in our systems and provide advice and consultancy for clients.
- Provide consultancy on the union of processes and system implementation within registration management, abstract management, exhibition management and membership management.
- National and International travel to client meetings and training sessions, sometimes at short notice.
Essential Skills & Experience
You should be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of the following key requirements of the job role:
- At least 3 years of experience in an event based organisation (operational or technology based), or involved in event organisation in the Association Market within the events and meetings Industry.
- Experience in similar account management or client facing roles.
- An understanding of Association and Society based events or events of a scientific nature within the Association market.
- Ability to project plan and take sole responsibility for your client portfolio.
- Confident in communicating with all levels of client personnel remotely or in company presentations.
- Comfortable to travel independently and represent Shocklogic at client offices, onsite events and during sales presentations and trade shows.
- Methodical and thorough approach to work, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Exceptional communication skills, confident communicating to individuals from system user to CEO level.
- IT literate.
The candidate must be a dynamic and inspired individual willing to live his/her dream, who will bring into our team not only professional skills, but passion and commitment. The candidate should have a desire for quality and excellence and be ready to learn every day, and with our support be willing to grow and expand with the company. The candidate should understand that in this team, the sky is a limit and that the possibilities are endless and that in this company we all act as leaders. The management team will test her/him and will expect her/him to explore and to be curious, to want to grow and to want to evolve. For us ‘EQ’ is as important as ‘IQ’, attitude is as important as aptitude, intention is as important as delivery
As a small company the ability to contribute ideas and development within our growing, dynamic organisation are always to be encouraged. You will have an opportunity to learn and grow in an entrepreneurial based environment. You will be expected to become an expert user of our systems and to help improve it. We are all part of the testing team!
Other desired skills & experience:
Please let us know if you have experience and understanding of any of the following requirements that would help support your application:
- Experience in working with event management software and supporting event management procedures.
- Experience in registration management.
- Experience in abstract management.
- Experience in exhibition management.
- Experience in membership management.
- Experience at implementing and executing training programmes and webinars.
- Ability to speak more than one language.
- Driving licence.
- Competitive salary package after 3-month probation period.
- Yearly bonus depending on target met
- 23 days holiday, raising to 25
- Relaxed, informal working environment
- Travel opportunities
Head of Events
We currently have the following vacancy:
Deputy Managing Director, Bioscientifica Kate Sargent
35pw (full time)
26 days pa
|Date of advertisement:
11 October 2018
31 October 2018
w/c 5th and/or 12th November
To lead the Events Department with enthusiasm and determination, to execute a growth strategy for Bioscientifica’s events business which is aligned with the company strategy and the values of our shareholder and that grows revenue and surplus sustainability.
Main duties will involve
- Maximizing the long-term surplus generated by our events business through existing and new clients and through Bioscientifica owned events.
- Mobilising new clients into the events team and organisation as a whole.
- To ensure that delegates, clients and other stakeholders admire Bioscientifica for delivering high-quality events that are truly excellent in all respects and in turn to enhance the reputation of Bioscientifica and our clients.
- Put appropriate resources in place to ensure that events are delivered smoothly and to plan without the need to resort to crisis management; whist maintaining a committed, motivated, and content team.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in managing customer or client services and /or sales activities in a membership association environment for at least three years.
- Exceptional project direction and management skills, ability to manage multiple timelines, deadlines, actions in a collaborative extremely fast-paced environment#
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and client management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Results driven and commercial astute
- Experience in managing and developing both in line management and project management, and promoting a culture of high performance.
- Experience of successful bid tender processes
- Experience of financial management of event budgets of over £1m.
- Demonstration of commitment to colleagues & division; showing support for organisational values, living the brand and actively encouraging this behaviour in colleagues.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, initiative and high energy
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Open, honest and direct, comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Passionate about achieving business success and driving client relationship satisfaction
- Membership of an appropriate industry professional organisation is desirable
- Ability to travel frequently in the UK and internationally
- Valid passport holder
For an informal discussion about the post and a full job description, please contact Kate Sargent on extension 214 or at kate.Sargent@bioscientifica.com
To apply, please send a covering letter with CV to Tricia Horner at email@example.com by the closing date shown above. Internal candidates should apply with the knowledge of their line manager.
Conference Partners Ltd. is an award winning, internationally accredited, conference, event and association management company, headquartered in Dublin with offices in Edinburgh, Manchester, Belfast and Hamburg. With over 20 years’ experience in managing International and National conferences, our remit is to partner with our clients and take over the administrational headache of organising an event or conference and to ensure a smooth and effortless flow of any occasion.
Our service is comprehensive however to synopsise:
- We provide advice in every area including financial management and strategic programme design
- We source the right venue, accommodation and transportation
- We guarantee impressive and creative social events
- We operate web-based software to register delegates. This is a one-stop shop which allows delegates to pre-register for a conference whilst at the same time choosing their favoured social events, accommodation and dietary requirements.
We believe that our people are central to our success. As a company we place great importance on team work and forging lasting relationships. We are expanding and growing our company and the following position is available in our Edinburgh office.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Conference Account Manager:
- Overall responsibility for the project management and delivery of all aspects of each conference, on time and within budget, meeting and exceeding client’s expectations
- Driving for excellence in customer service and quality delivery
- Client and stakeholder management
- Direct liaison with the conference committee on all aspects of the project
- Attendance at committee and stakeholder meetings to include all pre meeting preparation and follow up
- Budget and financial management
- Management of the Account Executive team member allocated to the project
- Updating the Operations Director on the progress of your conferences both financially and logistically as required
- Attendance and presenting at sales presentations as the appointed conference account manager where required
- Adhoc duties as required
Conference Management Including:
- Venue management
- Audio visual equipment
- Evening function include staging, lighting, entertainment, décor
- Excursions and tours
- Exhibition and sponsorship management
- Exhibition and sponsorship sales and fund raising
- Management of hotel allocations including negotiating the contract
- Development and fulfilment of promotional and marketing campaigns
- Brand design, writing of brochure and applying design to all print material
- Branding of the venue including set design, indoor and outdoor signage
- Conference materials
- Procurement, appointment and management of all third party suppliers
- Overseeing the on-line registration of bookings.
The Type of Person:
You will need to demonstrate experience of delivering projects to strict timelines, excellent financial management and client management and development. You will have excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to priorities high volumes of work and the ability to work independently as well as within a team. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate that you have 5 years’ experience in a similar role and of working for a PCO or within an Association.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering large scale congresses and exhibitions is desirable along with an ability to demonstrate creative concept development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent financial acumen
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance are required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks, anticipate problems and act to minimise risks
- Manage time effectively
- Must be hard working, committed, a team player and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Must have the ability to work across multiple office locations and to travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Self-motivated, multi tasker
- Personable, credible and able to build rapport easily
Reasons to Work for CPI
- Our people are our brand; work for a company with a culture of developing talent and recognising employee worth.
- Learning and training opportunities available on a regular basis and a mentor programme to ensure your personal developments needs are being met.
- Several departments within the one company which offer multiple opportunities for career growth.
- Work in a modern comfortable environment. Our offices are easily accessible by public transport
- Enjoy outstanding benefits including an excellent salary package
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with employees from all over the world and from various different professional backgrounds.
- Global opportunities with employees encouraged to work across borders and explore new destinations.
- Opportunity to network and build relations with the most influential in the industry at both national and international events.
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month
- Our Birthday present to you is a day off
Account Manager – Job Specification
Please send your CV to Sarah Prior, Operations Director – UK at Conference Partners UK:
Tel: 0131 306 0124