Senior Conference Project Manager
About the job
· Co-ordinate and manage the organisation of all assigned virtual, hybrid and live conferences/events
· Client relationship management - Be the key Company contact with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) and attend all LOC meetings.
· Work with Local Organising Committee (LOC) to design all aspects of the conference/event and to implement the direction of the LOC in relation to the conference/event.
· Onsite management - be the company’s key representative on site during the operation of the conference or event.
· Manage and support the Departmental staff assigned to the conference/event.
· Provide support and training to conference presenters/hosts to ensure they understand the LOC’s objectives for the conference/event and to familiarise themselves with all the technical aspects of the conference/event.
· Accommodation management/Venue management/Supplier management
· Online registration & abstract management
· AV and catering co-ordination
· Website set up and maintenance
· Transport & travel management
· Social Programme creation and its co-ordination
· Budget management
· Manage funding / sponsorship & exhibition activities
· Attend supplier meetings
· Conducting and attending presentations
· Complete financial and credit control over the conferences handled by the company
· Assist with the supervision of staff allocated to the Conference division
· Maintenance and development of the Company’s Event Management computer system. This includes setting up and maintaining conferences in the system and the management of the Online Registration and Abstract Submission systems. The role also extends to integration of external client websites to the Company’s internal system. (Training provided)
· Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager or other or board member.
Extensive experience in a similar role/ company essential for this position
• Virtual Conference Experience a distinct advantage but not essential
• Ability to meet agreed time paths / deadlines
• Motivated self-starter with a passion for client care plus a commitment to delivering services to the highest level
• Good team player
• Strong technical/computer abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to travel (*future focus and when normal travel without Government restrictions resumes) – mainly within Ireland but also possibly to overseas locations
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3rd level or relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with conference software a distinct advantage i.e. EventsAir/ONAir
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager & Business Development Manager Abbey Conference & Events
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
AVAILABILITY: Immediate vacancy
APPLICATIONS: Please email your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16th April 2021