Role: Project Manager (Events)
Reports to: Project Director (Events)
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week (or part thereof)
Objective: To manage and deliver a range of event-related projects for our clients.
We deliver specialist events services for associations and not for profit organisations. Based in Bristol we are a relatively new and exciting company which launched in 2018. We like to do things differently and our aim is to deliver value to our clients. The services we offer include project management, sponsorship, marketing, content, delegate services, logistics and exhibitions.
We believe that our workforce is our greatest asset. Our is aim to invest in each and every member of staff that works with us through training and development for up to 35 hours each year. Furthermore, a proportion of the profits we make each year used as a bonus fund to pay for the annual bonus and rewards programme.
Overview of role
The role supports our clients by providing exceptional project management support, to ensure that we deliver to the scope of the contract, as well as delivering a significant amount of the work directly. The company is growing and with it will be the opportunity to develop and lead a team to help with the delivery of the projects.
As the business continues to grow the project manager will also be directly responsible for a team of Project Co-ordinators
- To oversee the delivery of all event related projects for clients
- To ensure that projects are adequately and appropriate resourced
- To maintain a pro-active relationship with existing clients
- To deliver a combination of event-related services to clients, including registration build and operation, speaker management, logistics, exhibition services, supplier sourcing, virtual event platform operation, both live and online
- To use technology as an aid to efficiency and effective communication
- Accurately forecasts and reports activities and results to management team
- Works closely with all functions to assist with the delivery of successful events
Please enclose a CV and covering letter explaining why you believe you would be a good match for the role.
- 5+ years’ experience of event management
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of both live and virtual events
- Great at quickly building positive relationships
- Demonstrable understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An experienced and keen negotiator
- A strong customer service ethic
- Strong English language skills
- The ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects and industries at the same time
- Ability to work to deadlines, to be adaptable and occasionally work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humour
- Excellent attention to detail
- A sense of humour
- Open and honest
- Reliability and punctuality
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme after 6 months
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to hospitality industry benefits and discounts
- A lot of fun along the way
- Membership of an industry association after 1 year