In Conference Ltd In Conference has been managing large national and international conferences for the medical, academic and life sciences sectors throughout the UK, Europe, USA and Asia for almost 30 years. Widely regarded as one of Europe’s leading Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we are very proud of the fact that we have been working with some of our clients for over 20 years. Our portfolio includes many major Associations and Societies for whom we deliver their annual or bi-annual congresses as well as offering a full Association Management service. Our team philosophy is to go the ‘extra mile’ for our clients and to bring new ideas to the table at every opportunity to ensure our events are delivering value for money and clients retain us year on year.
This position requires a meetings professional with a minimum of 3 years in the Events Industry, preferably from an Association/PCO background.
Overall Scope of the Position:
• Assisting the Senior Managers on a portfolio of major conferences and exhibitions throughout the world.
• Ability to manage workload over multiple projects, usually 5+ each year often taking place within a short time period of each other.
• Supporting other colleagues on an ad-hoc basis as required.
Client Relations and Day to Day Support
• Organising dates, venues, catering, travel and accommodation for client meetings.
• Supporting the Senior Managers to produce agendas, collate papers. You will also be expected to attend meetings and produce accurate minutes.
• Act as the main point of contact on all assigned projects in the absence of the Senior Manager.
• Work closely with the Senior Managers on the development and implementation of a detailed Project Planner and ensure that all deadlines are met and no activities relating to the event are overlooked.
• Liaising with the Delegate Administration team on weekly reports on number of registrations and ensuring the Client is provided with accurate financial and statistical reports.
• Sourcing quotations from venues/suppliers and ability to negotiate discounts.
Marketing and Communications
• Creating and maintaining contact databases for all projects including potential delegates, exhibitors and sponsors
• Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, execute the Marketing Plan and ensure the accuracy and quality of all print/web/media/social media materials. You should be experienced in drafting copy/images for Web Pages, writing and designing ENewsletters and other delegate communications.
• Experience of populating Mobile Apps with conference material
• Preparing letters of invitation to invited speakers, monitoring responses, collating biographies, photos and other information for publication on the conference website.
Exhibition & Sponsorship
• In conjunction with the Senior Manager, develop a sponsorship outreach plan for each event and negotiate sales packages with industry and other stakeholders Liaising with sponsors and exhibitors, drafting and issuing the Exhibitor Prospectus, confirming bookings, and providing general support in the run up to the conference.
• With the support of the Senior Manager prepare exhibition floorplans and handle all day to day exhibitor enquiries.
• Explore other income generating streams e.g. identifying new exhibitors/sponsors, negotiating collaborative deals with associated events or societies etc
• Ensure all income has been received within 14 days of the date of the invoice being issued.
Accommodation & Social Events
• Research accommodation options and negotiate best rates, including negotiation of group booking contracts, provide rooming lists and ensure no rooms are left unsold
• Research venues for evening social events and negotiate costs and menus.
• Researching options for pre-post conference tours for delegates and partners.
• Prepare Survey Monkey questionnaires for each project for delegate and exhibitor feedback and collate results for presentation to the client.
• Ensure all suppliers invoices have been received and match the budget.
Retaining Clients & Development of New Business
As we have been retained by many of our clients for several years, it will be part of your job remit to ensure that these relationships are maintained to the same high standards.
• Efficient multi-tasker and ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bearing in mind that you will be dealing with senior figures in academic/medical fields.
• Can demonstrate experience of working in a similar fast-paced environment.
• Experienced contract negotiator with venues and suppliers
• Flexibility with holiday arrangements/personal commitments so that you are able to attend conferences as required.
• Ability to work out with normal 9.00-5.00pm office hours and to spend several days at a time away from home.
• Flexibility with holiday arrangements/personal commitments so that you are able to attend all our conferences as required.
• Clean driving licence and fluency in other languages would be an advantage
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• We offer a contributory Company Pension Scheme.
To apply, please contact Juliet Bruce-Dickie Email: email@example.com