In Conference Ltd
In Conference has been managing large national and international conferences for the medical, academic and life sciences sectors throughout the UK, Europe, USA and Asia for almost 30 years. Widely regarded as one of Europe’s leading Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we are very proud of the fact that we have been working with some of our clients for over 20 years. Our portfolio includes many major Associations and Societies for whom we deliver their annual or biannual congresses as well as offering a full Association Management service. Our team philosophy is to go the ‘extra mile’ for our clients and to bring new ideas to the table at every opportunity to ensure our events are delivering value for money and clients retain us year on year.
As part of the Delegate Management Team, the Event & Membership Executives are responsible for dealing with all delegate registrations and associated finances.
Core duties of this position will include:
• Fast, accurate typing and strong numerical skills are essential.
• Assisting delegates from all over the world (many of whom do not have English as their first language) via email or by telephone.
• Processing registrations and payments via our on-line software programme (training will be given).
• Chasing up all outstanding delegate payments in a polite and courteous manner
• Preparing financial reports in Excel to reconcile with bank statements and other internal management reporting procedures
• Attending client meetings when required.
• Maintaining accurate logs of all correspondence with delegates
• Preparation of all on-site registration materials including name badges, social programme tickets etc
• Attending conferences on-site and staffing the registration desks to welcome delegates and to register new delegates
• Attendance at evening social events as required.
• General office administration duties, such as taking incoming calls and re-directing to other team members as necessary, photocopying, ordering of stationery and filing.
• Fast, accurate typing skills
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and data manipulation within Excel spreadsheets
• Book keeping or other skills that can demonstrate ability to work with figures
• Confident and professional telephone manner.
• Welcoming and helpful attitude when dealing face to face with delegates, the majority of whom are senior academics and scientists.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload in a very busy organisation.
• Ability to work outwith normal 9.00-5.00pm office hours and to spend several days at a time away from home.
• Flexibility with holiday arrangements/personal commitments so that you are able to attend all our conferences as required.
• Excellent timekeeping skills.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• We offer a contributory Company Pension Scheme
Applicants. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.comApply here