Senior Event Co-ordinator, CIPD
Role: Senior Event Coordinator, CIPD
Reports to: Event Manager
Reporting into the Event Manager, the Senior Event Coordinator is responsible for the complete end-to-end project management of both in-person and online delivery of the events which Haymarket organise in partnership with CIPD. The role includes budget management, supplier management for the venue, AV provider, platform provider and event planning and logistics. You will act as the primary liaison with internal and external client stakeholders.
Delivering a wide range of events, the Senior Event Coordinator will be adept at matching event delivery to client objectives and commercial opportunities whilst managing their own events and will gain further experience from working within a larger operations team delivering a diverse portfolio including large scale exhibitions and conferences.
Since September we have been running the majority of our events in a hybrid format, with a few remaining online and a few as in person only.
Haymarket is a privately owned, global media company which owns market-leading brands in a wide range of verticals. We pride ourselves on creativity, dynamism and integrity, and on being a good place to work.
Responsible for the overall operational delivery of events that exceed the expectations of our client. The role holder will pride themselves on running a professional series of events to an exceptionally high standard.
Event operations/logistics management
- Overall responsibility of onsite management and delivery of the event
- Developing an understanding of the client’s objectives and ensure event delivery is aligned to these
- Regular client reporting and meetings as required
- Ensure best attendee experience from pre-event to post-event
- Produce and maintain a timeline for each event ensuring that the onsite and online event runs to schedule and deadlines are met
- Carry out venue research and sourcing to comply with Haymarket procurement policies
- Source appropriate suppliers for each event to secure the best products and services available at a competitive price whilst complying with Haymarket’s procurement policies
- Liaise with the venues to ensure that all set up, catering and numbers are as required and in line with the budget spend
- Build the event platform for the online and hybrid events
- Liaise and brief the AV team and ensure testing and rehearsals are arranged to test the hybrid delivery
- Produce a detailed onsite schedule for each event considering all staff, suppliers, sponsors and delegates
- Set up meetings as required with all key onsite suppliers to ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations
- Be the point of contact for event sponsors, exhibitors and speakers regarding their involvement in any event
- Work closely with the sales team to create and provide opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors whilst delivering client contract expectations for sponsored items
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments to ensure that all H&S documents, public liabilities and insurance are in place for each exhibitor or sponsor where relevant
- Post-event - overall responsibility for collating delegate feedback, final delegate communication and budget reconciliation
- Carry out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events with CIPD
- Effective working relationships with internal teams, external suppliers and client stakeholders
- Ensure best practice is shared and efficiencies are communicated across the entire events team
- Responsible for managing budgets/expenditures with prompt financial reconciliation
- Monitor and control operational costs in line with defined budget
- Negotiation with all key suppliers and venues on both contract terms and prices to achieve the most cost effective service
- Manage payment schedules to ensure that suppliers/venues are paid correctly and on time
- Raise purchase orders, process invoices and payments in line with payment terms
Skills and experience
- Experience of delivering B2B events for a minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge and experience of online platforms and live streaming technologies
- Budgeting experience essential and overall P&L responsibility an advantage
- Strong experience on venue search and contract negotiation
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Excellent collaborator and relationship builder, able to work in a matrix with a variety of teams
- Exceptional planning and time management - ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and a creative eye
- Proactive, enthusiastic approach to meeting event objectives and can-do attitude to work
- Ability to use initiative in challenging circumstances and be solution-oriented
- Ability to travel
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.