Senior Events Co-ordinator CIPD
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Events Coordinator, working across the CIPD event portfolio. Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will run your own 1-2 day client events and workshops and work as part of a team to deliver larger exhibitions and conferences.
Haymarket Business Media
Twickenham - Bridge House
Full Time / Part Time
Permanent / Fixed Term Contract
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Event Manager.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Accountability for operations and delivery of all aspects of allocated events pre, during and post event
- Developing an understanding of the client’s objectives and ensure event delivery is aligned to these
- Regular client reporting and meetings as required
- Managing the operational budget for allocated events providing regular forecasts to the Head of Operations
- Ensuring all events are delivered on time, within budget and to a very high standard
- Negotiating with all key suppliers and venues on both contract terms and prices to achieve the most cost effective service
- Managing and maintaining good relationships with all key stakeholders (such as suppliers, venues, speakers and clients)
- On-site coordination of all logistics and management of suppliers, preferred partners, personnel and freelancers at events
- Carrying out venue research and sourcing and complying with Haymarket procurement policies
- Ensuring compliance with all company and client policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, privacy and security
- Maintaining personal knowledge of the events marketplace and attendance at relevant trade shows
- Understanding the company vision and values, and apply their principles at all times
Specific responsibilities for each event include
- Cost management and reporting to ensure all working forecast files are recorded and updated live and that all opportunities to reduce costs are taken
- Raising purchase orders, processing invoices and payments in line with payment terms
- Venue sourcing and liaison to ensure that all set up, catering, numbers and accommodation are as required and in line with the budget spend
- Managing speakers and all communication from the time the event programme is completed right through to post-event
- Ensuring best delegate experience from customer service pre-event to registration and from onsite management to post-event feedback
- Providing AV and production suppliers with event brief so that staging and AV can be designed and agreed and ensure that everything is on brand, all sponsorship is profiled correctly and the event requirements are met
- Working closely with the sales team to create and provide opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors whilst delivering client contract expectations for sponsored items
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure programmes and websites are up to date
- Overall responsibility of on the day management and operational delivery of each event including briefing all onsite staff with event information and their roles and responsibilities on the day
- Post event review of feedback and recommendation of improvements for future events
- Carrying out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events within Professional Associations, which may not be specified in your job description
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s events division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work.