Terms and Conditions of ABPCO.
- When you join the Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) as a "member" you are subscribing to services and joining a professional association. The word "member" refers to your status as a recipient of the service, and "membership" refers to the package of services.
- When you "subscribe" you are subscribing to news and updates.
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract through which your service or subscription will be delivered.
- ABPCO is a company registered in England and Wales; Company No. 02111650, VAT Registration No. 753858001 whose registered office is Barn Down, 2 Pool Row, Main Street, Willersey, Gloucestershire, WR12 7PJ, United Kingdom
- Members agree to abide by the ABPCO Code of Conduct. If this policy changes, members will be notified by e-mail or an announcement on this website.
Conditions of Membership
- ABPCO membership is open to professional conference organisers, suppliers, associates and destinations within the UK who are able to clearly demonstrate the skills, knowledge and experience required to plan and organise major UK and international association conferences. It is also open to Universities and for those studying for a position in this industry.
- Our members all comply with an accreditation process and annually agree to the quality code of conduct.
- Membership is renewed annually.
- Members agree to receive:
- eNewsletter, max. of 1 per month
- E-mail Invitations to all relevant events
- ABPCO community update email, as new threads are added
Members agree to complete every year:
- One engagement survery
- Update of their Personal and Organisation member profile
- All members agree to comply with the ABPCO constitution, and can access this at any time by emailing email@example.com
- Any fees displayed on the ABPCO website or provided in any communication or call are subject to change without notice.
- ABPCO reserves the right to change the price of events, products and services from time-to-time, including services that members are subscribed to which may be changed at the time a re-subscription.
- ABPCO liability to its members will not extend to any membership related benefits, goods or services provided by any third party.
- ABPCO specifically excludes liability for any loss or damage suffered by a member as a result of her/his involvement in whatever manner with any third party.
- Reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided on our websites, in newsletters, and any other location or publication; however, neither we nor the authors can accept liability for errors and omissions.
Queries, complaints, comments
- ABPCO will endeavour to respond within 48 hours to any complaint or query received. This may be an acknowledgement that we have received a complaint whilst further investigations are carried out. If you have any queries, comments or complaints about products and services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a complaints policy will be sent to you.
- If you believe that any of the information ABPCO holds about you is incorrect or out of date, please log in and edit your information, and if the data is not editable, forward the accurate information to email@example.com
- If members wish to obtain a copy of their personal data held by ABPCO, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org You may be asked to provide proof of your identity and for any further information that might help ABPCO to locate the data you are seeking.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations by reason of matters beyond its control including, but not limited to, any act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or government order, fire, flood or storm, strikes, or any other industrial dispute, delay in transit, power failure, postal delay, or any event that cannot be reasonably be planned for or avoided.
Variations to this agreement
- ABPCO may change these terms and conditions at any time upon giving its members 14 days prior notice.
- The most recent edition of these terms and conditions will be binding upon ABPCO member, subscribers, and users.
- These terms and conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published in relation to any membership subscription between a member and ABPCO.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
- You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- A person who is not party to these terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.