A minimum of 5 years’ experience and a minimum of 2 years as a proprietor, partner, director or senior manager of a conference organising business or as the director or senior manager of a conference organising unit attached to a professional or trade association, educational institution, official body, or corporation.
Generally a decision maker or key influencer with responsibility for the management and/or delivery of events
- Licensed use of the ABPCO member logo and certificate - an industry 'Quality Mark'
- Member profile on the website (including logo, summary, member details)
- Post your press releases on the ABPCO website and have them shared on the ABPCO social channels
- Voting rights within ABPCO and the opportunity to join the Executive board (elected position)
- Access to engage on the on-line member forum - ask for advice or recommendations and share your experiences with the focused community
- Ability to network with other key association and not-for-profit event decision-makers and our industry members and partners who can clearly demonstrate their skills and knowledge in supporting major UK and international conferences
- Open invitation to join the monthly 'coffee and chat' virtual meetings - an opportunity to connect with like-minded colleagues, share best practice and exchange knowledge.
- Receive the monthly learning update so that you can be signposted to the opportunities available
- Attend all scheduled roundtables and panel discussions - these are peer to peer forums for conference organisers to come together and share best practice. They give an opportunity to share recent experiences and, importantly, to formulate a collective view of the common challenges that lie ahead.
- Invitation to participate in any familiarisation trips that are open to ABPCO members and organised by our industry partners and members. These take in venues and destinations that have a new space, technology or service to offer to PCOs.
- Submit for an ABPCO Excellence award, and attend the ceremony. The awards recognise and celebrate industry best practice.
- Benefit from a reduced member price for the Festival of Learning
- Access to the member resource area of the website for papers and resources, research and collateral relevant to our membership community.
- Regular updates on the Member Forum - giving relevant industry knowledge to help support with current logistical and macro-economic challenges.
- Receive a discounted rate for some of the IAPCO learning packages that they offer.
- Contribute towards opinion piece articles for both internal ABPCO communications and for business and trade media on issues facing our industry.
- Join an ABPCO task-force to help progress a range of projects relevant to our community, these could be economic, social or environmental.
- Receive relevant tender opportunities via the 'Find an organiser' facility.
- Post your events role vacancies on the ABPCO web-site and have them shared on our social media channels at no cost.
- Receive 15 minute free VAT advice with an industry expert.
Subscription – £325.00 + VAT per annum
Application Process for Full and Associate ABPCO Membership
On the membership application form, applicants should nominate two people who are familiar with their conference organising activities (one an association client/committee chair and one a venue). Referees should be able to provide a fair assessment of the applicant’s capabilities.
Upon submission, the form will be sent to the ABPCO Association Director, who will acknowledge receipt immediately. Applications will be reviewed by the Association Director and Accreditation Committee and referees will be contacted. Applicants will normally be notified of the outcome of their application within 4 weeks of receipt. An invoice will be issued once satisfactory references and agreement to the code of conduct have been received. The applicant will be qualified as a member once payment has been received.
Apply as Full Member