UK EVENTS is the recognised and collective voice of the UK’s world leading events industry which represents every part of the diverse, creative, and dynamic sector across the whole of the UK and champions the economic, societal, and transformational value of events.
Role and Mission
The role of UK EVENTS is to support the work of its partners to help create a strong, growing and sustainable events industry in the UK. The industry comprises many diverse and individual sectors, covering meetings, conferences, exhibitions, trade shows, incentive travel, event hospitality, ceremonies, sporting, cultural, outdoor and festivals, events education and training, as well as other services provided by the wider supply chain.
The objectives of UK EVENTS:
- To provide an inclusive and open forum for events industry leaders to share thoughts, experiences and insights that enable us to communicate with one clear and collective voice.
- To establish a series of sector specific working groups which meet regularly to discuss mutual areas of interest and advance those areas.
- To engage with Government and policymakers to raise awareness of events to the UK economy and society and their ability to progress policy objectives.
- To advance the message of business events being a driver for international trade and exports and inward investment.
- To advance the message of sporting, cultural and festival events being a key driver of community cohesion and social wellbeing providing countless opportunities to destinations.
- To amplify the work of its partner organisations and sharing best practice, research, and other areas of activity.
- To undertake regular research, trends analysis and insights to help the industry make informed decisions and shape the future of events.
- To work in partnership with Government departments and agencies, to provide regular market insights and intelligence and identify areas where events can support their objectives and agendas.
- To contribute to and support the work of allied organisations, including the Tourism Industry Council, All Party Parliamentary Group for Events and The Business of Events, VisitBritain, devolved Nations and key UK Cities.
- To support the event industry’s focus on professionalism, skills, and talent development.
- To oversee The Events Apprenticeship Framework (EAF), working with relevant parties.
- To commit to advancing access, diversity, equity, inclusion, and wellbeing of all people in UK events.
- To support the drive for environmentally sustainable policies and practices throughout the events industry.
To find out more visit https://ukevents.org.uk/