The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) is making improvements based on feedback from members in an effort to further enhance their influence within the meetings and events industry.
The suggestions from members were collated from ABPCO’s membership engagement survey earlier this year which was launched to engage further with the various different membership groups.
The answers were delivered to the ABPCO board and the majority of suggestions now being acted upon, or implemented, include:
– The inclusion of social media training and content strategy at events
– High level speakers at events
– Stronger focus on the association market with FAM trips planned in Liverpool, Newcastle and Belfast
– Members portal online at the ABPCO website
– A focus on congress bidding and tenders at a future event
– Microforums looking into technology within the industry
– Additional opportunities to extend the networking and social elements of events
“Whether you are a venue, destination or PCO – there are always ways you can learn and improve,” comments Heather Lishman, Association Director at ABPCO. “ABPCO is no different and we have actively been listening and engaging with our members over the past few months to seek out ways we can enhance the association. Suggestions have included everything from an online member’s portal on the ABPCO website to higher level speakers at events. We have listened and we are now in the process of either delivering or acting upon the feedback.”
“It is imperative we listen to our members. Without our members and their hard work, ABPCO would not be the influence it is within the industry. These are exciting times ahead for ABPCO and all those associated.”
ABPCO is the UK’s leading organisation for professional conference and event organisers, industry associates and those studying for, or seeking a career in the conference and meetings industry. For more information about ABPCO visit www.abpco.org